Re: Django-cms mysql error

James Ng

May 1, 2014, 12:27:10 AM5/1/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
you will need to install python-mysql library for that particular python interpreter.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM, karan savla <ksav...@gmail.com> wrote:
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: 'mysql.connector.django' isn't an a
vailable database backend.
Try using 'django.db.backends.XXX', where XXX is one of:
    'mysql', 'oracle', 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'sqlite3'
Error was: No module named 'mysql'

karan savla

karan savla

May 1, 2014, 3:03:34 PM5/1/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
PendingDeprecationWarning: commit_on_success is deprecated in favor of atomic

James Ng

May 1, 2014, 11:35:52 PM5/1/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
I suspect it must be python 3.x. I haven't been coding with django and python libraries lately, but experience tells me that you me be better off using python 2.6 or python 2.7 to keep yourself sane for development work. Most external python libraries support best python 2.7 and python 2.6, that probably is the reason behind deprecated warnings and errors messages. Good luck