feedback on django CMS 3.2.0 Preview Release

Tim Graham

Oct 6, 2015, 9:12:15 AM10/6/15
to django CMS developers
Hi, I saw the blog post on the preview release so I went to look for how I could test the release and found the release notes for 3.2 rather barren.

https://django-cms.readthedocs.org/en/develop/upgrade/3.2.html

Am I missing something about how to get details on the new features and the upgrade process? Thanks!

Angelo Dini

Oct 7, 2015, 1:10:09 AM10/7/15
to django CMS developers
Hello Tim

you are not missing anything, the preview release was meant to preview the current progress to the community (there is also no PyPi release)

Full and extensive release notes will be available once we hit RC1.

Cheers
Angelo

Tim Graham

Oct 7, 2015, 8:27:25 AM10/7/15
to django CMS developers
Thanks for the reply. Maybe this could be clarified in future "preview release" blog posts. It does say, "We are encouraging the community to test the preview release" but this is difficult (at least for me) without release notes.

To give some insight on Django's development process, we require all features to include documentation and release notes when they are merged. Maybe this policy could be helpful for django-cms.

Angelo Dini

Oct 8, 2015, 3:03:09 AM10/8/15
to django CMS developers
You are very welcome,

we also had this discussion recently and will include further changes directly into the Changelog and Release notes within the documentation to avoid further confusion.

cheers