Is there an API call that simply returns a rendered page view?

Mark Ford

Feb 13, 2016, 4:40:51 PM2/13/16
to django CMS developers
Need some help and/or suggestions.  We have a very large PHP site (Symfony framework) that we want to slowly migrate to Django and Django-cms (which rocks).

What I would like to do is use Django-cms to create cms/content pages that get served from our PHP site by calling a view/api call in django that returns the cms page that we insert into our PHP page template.

The reason we are not simply redirecting those pages to django (for now) is that we have a ton of dynamic content in our headers and footers that needs to get generated from our current site.  Not to mention that all of our user/authentication/logon is session-based on the PHP site.

With all that said, is there an API call that simply returns a rendered page view?  Please let me know if I need to provide more details.

Thanks!

Mark

Iacopo Spalletti

Feb 14, 2016, 11:05:30 AM2/14/16
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
While you can use some internal to generate fragments (basically
rendering single placeholders), you still need to generate a complete
page, if only because frontend editor requires that and it's the only
way to add content to the CMS
That said, you can create django CMS templates that only provides the
required area of the page and then include those in the PHP code by
hitting the public view.

--
Iacopo Spalletti

Nephila s.a.s. - Firenze