Performance limits for large number of sites? (tenants/saas offering)

Robert Singer

Jan 4, 2017, 1:37:48 PM1/4/17
to django CMS developers
I love how Django CMS handles the concept of "pages", breaking them into placeholders/plugins with a nice workflow, while deferring data modelling to Django.

I am considering using it for a SaaS offering, in which each tenant would get their own "site". So there would be hundreds, possibly thousands, of sites. However, each site would get minimal traffic. For sysadmin simplicity, I don't want to manage separate databases. I would like to use Django's built-in sites framework with a separate virtualhost (with its own settings.py) for each site, all stored in the same database.

Are there any performance considerations with Django CMS when the number of sites and pages gets very large? Lets say I have 3,000 sites with 150 pages per site, all stored in the same DB.