ETA for version 3.5?

Brian Rutledge

Nov 9, 2016, 9:09:24 AM11/9/16
to django CMS developers
My company is integrating django CMS into our existing Django project. It's going pretty well so far, but we are missing the undo/versioning support that was removed in 3.4, and we're looking forward to the REST API and enhancements to the permissions system. Is there any kind of estimated target for the release of 3.5?

Thanks,
Brian

czpython

Nov 9, 2016, 9:29:16 AM11/9/16
to django CMS developers
Hello Brian,

I'm glad to hear you're switching to django CMS.

The undo/redo functionality will come in our next 3.4.x release as its being developed separate from the core. And the permission enhancements landed with 3.4.0

In regards to the REST API and 3.5.0, we still don't have a deadline but the REST API is planned to be compatible with django CMS 3.4.x :)

Brian Rutledge

Nov 9, 2016, 9:38:18 AM11/9/16
to django CMS developers
Thanks for the info!

Is there an ETA and/or repository for Undo/Redo?

Re: permissions, I see that it's still listed on the 3.5 roadmap, though I did find the changes in the [3.4 docs](http://docs.django-cms.org/en/latest/upgrade/3.4.html#permissions).

czpython

Nov 9, 2016, 6:41:14 PM11/9/16
to django CMS developers
At the moment we don't have an official ETA or repo, that said development has started and we're hoping to have it ready by the end of year.