Running tests with a predictive ecosystem

olivier.l...@gmail.com

May 4, 2015, 12:32:19 PM5/4/15
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would start to improve the project by making a simple contribution in django-cms.
I want a backport a bugfix from 3.1 to support/3.0.x

I followed the step from the doc:
..and I got some errors.

By doing a pip freeze, I found that django-cms 3.1 was installed, due to requirements from djangocms plugins.
I removed this one by pip uninstall, try to rerrun the tests, but still failed.

I switched for released version of djangocms-text-ckeditor (2.4.3).
The tests were almost passed, still a fail:
FAIL: test_copy_plugins_method (cms.tests.plugins.PluginsTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/olarcheveque/Projets/django-cms/cms/tests/plugins.py", line 376, in test_copy_plugins_method
    self.assertTrue('link.png' in plugin.body)
AssertionError: False is not true

the fail (same as in this build https://travis-ci.org/divio/django-cms/jobs/61112174) which has a reference to the TextPlugin.
I guess my tests failed due to this plugin.

With no pinning for the dependencies, I can't figure out what I have to do in the global ecosystem of development, I mean Do I have to report a problem on the plugin itself? just ignore it, you already know about it?...

Before doing anything in the source, I would be backed by 100% tests, without doing my manual adjustments based on my feelings ;)

Thank you. Olivier.

Iacopo Spalletti

May 4, 2015, 1:49:41 PM5/4/15
On 04/05/2015 18:32, olivier.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would start to improve the project by making a simple contribution in
> django-cms.

Hi, thanks for your feedback and the work you are doing!

> I want a backport a bugfix from 3.1 to support/3.0.x
>
> I followed the step from the doc:
> http://docs.django-cms.org/en/support-3.0.x/contributing/testing.html#running-tests
> ..and I got some errors.
>
> By doing a pip freeze, I found that django-cms 3.1 was installed, due to
> requirements from djangocms plugins.
you spot a but in the documentation:

pip install -Ur django-cms/test_requirements/django-1.6.txt

should be

pip install -r django-cms/test_requirements/django-1.6.txt

and run in a clean virtualenv

> I removed this one by pip uninstall, try to rerrun the tests, but still
> failed.
>
> I switched for released version of djangocms-text-ckeditor (2.4.3).
> The tests were almost passed, still a fail:
> FAIL: test_copy_plugins_method (cms.tests.plugins.PluginsTestCase)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/Users/olarcheveque/Projets/django-cms/cms/tests/plugins.py",
> line 376, in test_copy_plugins_method
> self.assertTrue('link.png' in plugin.body)
> AssertionError: False is not true
>
> the fail (same as in this build
> https://travis-ci.org/divio/django-cms/jobs/61112174) which has a
> reference to the TextPlugin.
> I guess my tests failed due to this plugin.

this is an unfortunate bug because of html5lib issue
(https://github.com/html5lib/html5lib-python/issues/189), this is going
to be fixed soon in both develop and support, in the meantime pip
install html5lib==0.999

I'm sorry you encountered such issues, we have quite a few dependencies
and it's sometimes hard to prevent issues with them.

> With no pinning for the dependencies, I can't figure out what I have to
> do in the global ecosystem of development, I mean Do I have to report a
> problem on the plugin itself? just ignore it, you already know about it?...
>
> Before doing anything in the source, I would be backed by 100% tests,
> without doing my manual adjustments based on my feelings ;)
>
> Thank you. Olivier.
>

> --

Iacopo Spalletti

Nephila s.a.s. - Firenze