django CMS 3.5 Release Candidate 1

Daniele Procida

Jan 11, 2018, 1:38:10 PM1/11/18
to django CMS developers, django CMS
Hi everyone.

We've just issued the first release candidate version of django CMS 3.5. It's available from all the usual places:

GitHub: <https://github.com/divio/django-cms/tree/3.5.0rc1>
Download: <https://github.com/divio/django-cms/archive/3.5.0rc1.zip>
Documentation: <http://docs.django-cms.org/en/develop/index.html>
Release notes: <http://docs.django-cms.org/en/develop/upgrade/3.5.html>

Please report any issues you find with this release to our issue tracker at
<https://github.com/divio/django-cms/issues>.

This release of django CMS concentrates on usability and user-experience, by improving its responsiveness while performing editing operations, particularly those that involve updates to plugin trees.

Biggest changes of note:

* decoupling of the structure board from page rendering (you have to experience this to appreciate the difference it makes)
* decoupling of pages from the navigation node tree

Both bring significant speed advantages.

What's also new in 3.5

* page copy between sites
* better behaviour of the language chooser
* many bug-fixes
* ... and lots more!

Our weblog announcement: <https://www.django-cms.org/en/blog/2018/01/11/django-cms-3-5-release-candidate-1/>.

On behalf of all the django CMS development team,

Daniele