Time for retirement!

Christopher Glass

Oct 23, 2014, 12:52:34 PM10/23/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'd like to step down from my position as core developer with django-CMS.

While I think it is a great project, and will forever hold a special
place in my heart, having commit bit on the main repository makes
absolutely no sense for me anymore: my last commit was literally years
ago!

The work you all did for version 3 is nothing short of *amazing*, and
I will continue to follow future development with great interest. My
current position (both professionally and personally) doesn't leave me
much extra time to contribute to as many django projects as I'd like,
and so, I much rather leave my seat than hold on to the title without
bringing anything to the table.

I love goodbye parties, and you are therefore all invited to a
"retirement" drink in "Makumba Bay Bar" in Moshi, Tanzania, this
Friday after work! I'm sure... it will be... packed! Amirite? Guys?
Oooor maybe we can go out for beers in Zurich when (if) I'm back in
Switzerland instead :)

Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to see what you guys
come up with in the future!

Keep on rocking,

- Chris "Tribaal" Glass

PS: Feel free to get in touch email, twitter (@3baal), or https://tribaal.io .
PPS: If you ever visit Tanzania, I'd be glad to help you organize your
trip or give you "insider tips", too :)

Daniele Procida

Oct 24, 2014, 6:43:39 AM10/24/14
to Django Cms-Developers
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014, Christopher Glass <tri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'd like to step down from my position as core developer with django-CMS.

Huge thanks for all your contributions - to code, at sprints, and for just being part of the community online.

Daniele

Martin

Oct 24, 2014, 10:48:46 AM10/24/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Yea man, thanks a ton for your efforts!

It was largely because of you that I got involved with github / django-cms (and later django-shop) and am where I am right now in my career.

One day our paths HAVE to cross so that I can invite you to a huge beer ;)

Cheers,

Iacopo Spalletti

Oct 24, 2014, 7:44:46 PM10/24/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for everything Chris!

I missed the today's plane to come to Moshi, I'll make a virtual toast for you
this evening!

--
Iacopo Spalletti

Jonas Obrist

Oct 25, 2014, 3:51:27 PM10/25/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Dammit! Read the message too late, now I missed my plane :(

Regardless, thank you for all you did for django (CMS|Shop).

What's all this talk about Zurich though? Aren't we all meeting in Tokyo?

Martin

Oct 26, 2014, 1:30:02 AM10/26/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Why not meet in the middle and meet in Singapore ;)