Activity report 10th June 2016

Daniele Procida

Jun 10, 2016, 11:42:01 AM6/10/16
to django CMS developers
Dear django CMS developers,

We want to keep everyone updated better about work that's going on in the project, so we are going to try posting weekly bulletins summarising work.

These bulletins will cover django CMS itself, and also related projects in the ecosystem

So, starting today, here’s a list of activity compiled by the team:

What we've done this week:

* Release: aldryn-faq 1.2.0 (fix tests and builds)
* Feature: created djangocms-link-manager which allows to report broken links (addon)
* Feature: django CMS admin-style integration tests completed with Docker integration plus fixes
* Feature: Edit mode shows now a real preview without a broken view
* Fix: German translation merge into 3.3.x (needs release)
* Fix: Publishing performance enhancements for 3.3.x (1 less query per plugin)
* Fix: Several GitHub tickets (count down to 191)
* Fix: we've subimitted a sortedm2m fix, waiting from their side to merge

Goals for next week:

* Permission Cleanup (this and next week)
* The goal is to close several known issues and improve the internals of the permission system
* This will allow further enhancements and other developers to easier get into it
* Compile tickets from GitHub to get an overview
* Actual code cleanup according to the compiled list
* Adapt or write additional tests

* Make sure the following addons are translatable on Transifex (first round)
* Aldryn Forms
* Django Filer (already there)
* Aldryn Google Tag Manager (might not have any translation)
* Aldryn Locations
* Aldryn Video
* Aldryn FAQ
* Aldryn NewsBlog
* Aldryn People
* Aldryn Categories

* Add capabilities to the following addons to define the "data-*" html attribute as an editor
* djangocms-link
* aldryn-bootstrap3
* cmsplugin-filer-link

* 3.3.1 preparations (a release might happen somewhen > 27th of June)
* Cleanup issues/tickets
* Have a RESTful API get-together with Nephila and Steelkiwi to get work started

We hope you find this useful - let us know.

With regards,

Daniele, on behalf of the core team