Collect templates

Jonas Ghyllebert

Mar 20, 2014, 6:05:19 AM3/20/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I recently switched from mezzanine to django-cms. I miss one function however: the option to collect all the templates from all INSTALLED_APPS.
It goes the same way as collecting statics. (python manage.py collecttemplates)

The reason i loved that function was because you have the ability to update a package without losing the changes made to templates.

Would it be possible to include a similar option here?

Patrick Lauber

Mar 20, 2014, 6:30:57 AM3/20/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Sure … open a pull request.

Jonas Obrist

Mar 21, 2014, 3:27:50 PM3/21/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Shouldn't this be solved by something other than a CMS? This sounds like something that is best solved by a small, but powerful, utility library.

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:30:57 PM UTC+9, digi604 wrote:
Sure … open a pull request.

On 20.03.2014, at 11:05, Jonas Ghyllebert <jghyl...@nuntra.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently switched from mezzanine to django-cms. I miss one function however: the option to collect all the templates from all INSTALLED_APPS.
> It goes the same way as collecting statics. (python manage.py collecttemplates)
>
> The reason i loved that function was because you have the ability to update a package without losing the changes made to templates.
>
> Would it be possible to include a similar option here?

Jonathan Liuti

Mar 22, 2014, 4:43:25 AM3/22/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
For the record, this has been discussed here https://github.com/divio/django-cms/issues/2935