some v3 UX/UI Ideas.

Robert Weißgraeber

Aug 8, 2014, 7:36:28 AM8/8/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning together,

I have a small "request": We are working with django-cms 3 since some weeks and like it very much.

We have some proposal/ideas how the ui/ux could be enhanced /extended. Who would be interested in discussing the ideas? Some ideas have found their way into this document, which proposes some visual ideas what could be done to make it even better: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads-eu.hipchat.com/81297/586215/leTxoRTLkckTjhv/django-cms-ideas.pdf

In addition to the idea/discussion we have some django developers as well, who would like to help to implement some changes, if those can find their way back into the core.

Regards,
Robert

(sorry for the crosspost from irc - feel free to comment on both channels).

Bashar

Aug 8, 2014, 7:54:11 AM8/8/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,
Very nice points indeed, thank you for your effort.

The beauty of open source projects that sits on github is you can always see your changes go into them via collaboration.

I can't speak on behalf of django-cms but usually you can fork the project, do your changes and submit a pull request and if it's good they'll find their way into core :)

Good luck!
Bashar

Stefan Foulis

Aug 9, 2014, 2:13:46 AM8/9/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much robert. You are adressing some painpoints we've experienced as well. I really like the seperation of structure and content plugins and the ability to give common plugins a more prominent place.
I've forwarded this to our team so we'll discuss this at our next divio/aldryn meeting next week.