anyone working on adding Django 1.10 support?

Tim Graham

Aug 2, 2016, 2:33:42 PM8/2/16
to django CMS developers
I should have asked this before Django 1.10 was released, but here I am now. I like to monitor if third-party packages run into any unexpected issues, so please ping me when there's a PR for this so I can take a look.

czpython

Aug 2, 2016, 3:18:58 PM8/2/16
to django CMS developers
Hello Tim,

Iacopo is currently working on this.
We should have something by the end of the month (most likely earlier).

Iacopo Spalletti

Aug 2, 2016, 3:39:27 PM8/2/16
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com, Tim Graham
Hi Tim, I'm working on 1.10 compatibility for django CMS 3.4:
wer're under 10 test failures currently.
So far it looks like the easiest compatibility ever.
>--
>Message URL:
>https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-cms-developers/topic-id/message-id
>To view this discussion on the web, visit
>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-cms-developers/67068f81-8a6a-4cbf-bdf3-2129a9974f20%40googlegroups.com.

Jonas Obrist

Aug 2, 2016, 11:45:38 PM8/2/16
to django CMS developers
People are reporting some changes in 1.10 "breaks everything" in sekizai/classytags/better-test etc, but it sounds like things are working for you? I haven't had time yet to investigate, so how urgent are fixes/updates to those dependencies for you?

Iacopo Spalletti

Aug 3, 2016, 12:15:29 AM8/3/16
On 03/08/2016 05:45, Jonas Obrist wrote:
> People are reporting some changes in 1.10 "breaks everything" in
> sekizai/classytags/better-test etc, but it sounds like things are
> working for you? I haven't had time yet to investigate, so how urgent
> are fixes/updates to those dependencies for you?

The only breaking change I encountered so far in
sekizai/classytags/better-test is the dropped support for optparse, the
rest looks fine

--
Iacopo Spalletti

Nephila s.a.s. - Firenze