Activity report 7th July 2016

Angelo Dini

Jul 7, 2016, 5:43:32 AM7/7/16
to django CMS developers
Dear django CMS developers,

We want to keep everyone updated better about work that's going on in the project, so we are going to try posting weekly bulletins summarising work.

These bulletins will cover django CMS itself, and also related projects in the ecosystem.

What we've done the last two weeks:
  • Released: aldryn-newsblog 1.2.3
  • Released: aldryn-faq 1.2.0
  • Released: aldryn-locations 1.0.1
  • Released: django Filer 1.2.2
  • Released: djangocms-admin-style 1.2.3
  • Released: djangocms-googlemap 0.5.1
  • Released: djangocms-attributes-field 0.0.5
  • Fixed: issues related to djangocms-attributes-field
Goals for next week:
  • Editing Experience
    • We are looking into ways on how to preview content correctly inside the CKEditor instead of static images, we are aiming for a solution until the end of next week
    • The speed for adding a new plugin and saving can be further enhanced, either through code updates within the backend or through frontend enhancements (no reload after save)
  • Alias System
    • We are aware of several issues related to the Alias Plugin, specifically to the recursion issues that can be triggered by content editors. We are working on possible solutions towards the end of next week.
  • django CMS 3.3.1
    • We expect a release next week
  • Addons
    • We are heavily working on screenshot tests for djangocms-admin-style to reduce regression errors on uupdates
    • We are working on djangocms-boilerplate-webpack for Aldryn

We hope you find this useful - let us know.

With regards,

Angelo, on behalf of the core team