Per domain language?

Pierre-Luc Auclair

Jan 14, 2014, 12:08:51 AM1/14/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to move a website away from WordPress to Django-CMS for various reasons. We currently have the website setup so that each domain is its own language. I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate a similar functionality in Django-CMS, and if so, what would be the best way to have a go at it?

Thanks!

Pierre-Luc Auclair

Jan 14, 2014, 12:33:09 AM1/14/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
I should have mentioned. I've started work using latest v3 beta, I went through the documentation but found nothing related to that.

Philipp Zedler

Jan 14, 2014, 3:19:11 AM1/14/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm not sure if transurlvania works together with the Django CMS. But you could try (and tell me afterwards. I'm curious!).
https://github.com/trapeze/transurlvania

The Django CMS has no built-in mechanism for what you want. Quiet sure.

Good luck!
Philipp

Philipp Zedler
Technik für Bildung, Kultur und Gesellschaft
Am langen Rain 12
39031 Bruneck
Italien

0039 / 324 / 77 345 96
http://www.bruneck-berlin.de

Bashar

Jan 14, 2014, 11:45:11 PM1/14/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com

can you give an example of what you were having and wanting to achieve?

Pierre-Luc Auclair

Jan 17, 2014, 5:00:58 PM1/17/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Basically, we have a website in Wordpress that reacts this way :
example.en -- would equal example.com/en/

The website is not two different websites for each languge, it uses the same admin for both of them and should remain the same.

@Philipp Zedler : this looks much like it. I'm open to implementing a replacement as a middleware/addon or improve core if needed.

On Jan 14, 2014 8:08 AM, "Pierre-Luc Auclair" <p-l.a...@velourbain.qc.ca> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to move a website away from WordPress to Django-CMS for various reasons. We currently have the website setup so that each domain is its own language. I was wondering if it would be possible to integrate a similar functionality in Django-CMS, and if so, what would be the best way to have a go at it?

Thanks!

Martin Koistinen

Mar 22, 2014, 8:43:33 AM3/22/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
It would be trivial to setup your webserver to redirect example.(en|fr) to example.com/$1/. And django-CMS /does/ handle the internationalization from there.  Just set USE_I18N=True, define your CMS_LANGUAGES, make sure that you have the languageCookie middleware enabled and it just works. I do this all the time. If you need further assistance with this, look for me (mkoistinen) on the IRC channel #django-cms.