Move "redirect to" and "manual url" from advanced to standard settings

czpython

Oct 29, 2017, 6:04:24 AM10/29/17
to django CMS developers

Moved from https://github.com/divio/django-cms/issues/6102

There is a permission to allow or disallow staff users the access to advanced settings.
We don't want regular staff to be able to add/edit app hooks. We do however want them to be able to edit the redirect to and manual URL attributes.
I propose moving those two fields to the standard settings since they are more commonly used and not necessarily "advanced".
Or as an alternative provide more granular permissions for the various fields.

benzkji

Dec 11, 2017, 7:20:21 AM12/11/17
to django CMS developers
Yes. Also, if we give normal editors acccess to advanced settings, it doesnt help, as they wont find those fields.