ROS Rover?

jesse brockmann

May 22, 2016, 4:42:31 PM5/22/16
to diyr...@googlegroups.com

Anyone used ROS?   Wondering if there is a good starting project for a Rover?   And curious what people think about it.

JesseJay

Jon Watte

May 22, 2016, 6:24:51 PM5/22/16
to diyrovers

People I trust tell me it is good, but every time I try to learn it, it either doesn't build, or I can't get past some dumb design decision like "we replaced the shell CD command!"

I think it comes with an example rover called "turtle bot."

I recommend starting on an empty Linux box using exactly the versions of things recommended by the getting started docs.

jw

Jw