Do I have to leave my own group??

jesse brockmann

May 20, 2017, 1:25:55 PM5/20/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
So I started to mock up a Pixhawk V2.1 Rover.  Do I need to leave the group?  ;)

I've got on road tires for it.  I'm going try to keep the weight down as much as possible.  Eventually the control system may go in another rover, so this is just for testing right now.   I got the whole mock up done in less time it would take me to just build all the cables I use with my own custom rover setup.  Not to mention all the time in soldering, etc.

Realized I'd still got parts to order.  Need an antenna for 3dr radio module, adapter from xt60 to traxxas, and need to figure out what battery I'm going to run.

JesseJay

Jon Watte

May 20, 2017, 3:55:49 PM5/20/17
to diyrovers
Pixhawk is a nice controller.
Your still building your own integration, right?
(Not a pre wired chassis like
Or whatever)

Maybe you get to stay on probation :-)

Ted Meyers

May 20, 2017, 4:09:58 PM5/20/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
Besides, it means you can spend more time working on interesting stuff, like obstacle avoidance!

(That new pixhawk is pricey!  Is it on banggood yet?)

jesse brockmann

May 31, 2017, 12:46:35 AM5/31/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
Made good progress.  Not mocked up anymore.  Hopefully I'll be running tomorrow if i can find the on road tires...

And yes, the wheelie bar really is required on this truck.  It's stupid fast on a 3s lipo!

JesseJay

Ted Meyers

May 31, 2017, 12:11:30 PM5/31/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
That GPS antenna looks a bit wobbly.

jesse brockmann

May 31, 2017, 12:13:16 PM5/31/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
It very well might be.  It's an experiment, I'll find out soon.