Videos of my Logistics Rover from AVC 2017

jesse brockmann

Oct 22, 2017, 10:31:38 PM10/22/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
Here are my 3 heats with my logistics rover.  Video Play List  It didn't all go well, but I got the full points the last heat.  So, I was happy in the end.  I certainly didn't account for the strong winds in my design.

Let me know if you have any questions.   I will post a full write up soon on my blog.

JesseJay

Jon Watte

Oct 23, 2017, 12:07:32 PM10/23/17
to diyrovers
Beautiful!
Did anyone else get the full points?

Looks like anyone who wants to win next year has to do at least some things autonomously!

Sincerely,

jw

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -- Thomas Jefferson

Ted Meyers

Oct 23, 2017, 12:41:24 PM10/23/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
Well, since Jesse was the only entry, no, no one else got any points.

Given the lack of interest, I doubt that there will be a logistics contest next year, at least anything similar.

Personally, I think it should be 100% autonomous, with much easier tasks (almost all of the tasks would have been extremely difficult to do autonomously).

jesse brockmann

Oct 23, 2017, 1:02:29 PM10/23/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jon.  :)  I'm under the impression there will not be a logistics class next year.  I did hear a suggestion of adding a logistics element to the classic AVC.  Like some way of getting a ton of bonus points.   The autonomous bits were crazy hard.  Transport I could have done.  Even drop off with some luck. But pickup?  Much harder unless using different method then my rover.
  I won't be taking it apart, in case they charge their mind though. ;) Maybe I'll even work on the autonomous bits as if I get bored.  Hmmm

JesseJay

Jon Watte

Oct 23, 2017, 1:08:12 PM10/23/17
to diyrovers
Oh, I didn't realize you were alone. Had I had the time, I would totally have done it; seems great!

To do pickup autonomously, I bet two cameras; one for the rover itself, and one on the gripper, could have let you do it.

Sincerely,

jw

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -- Thomas Jefferson