AVC 2017, Oct 14-15

Minuteman

Mar 21, 2017, 1:25:22 PM3/21/17
to diyrovers
They announced the date, and some vague references to trucking and moving objects. I'm thinking there will be something about hauling a load, with extra point based on the weight of the load.

jesse brockmann

Mar 21, 2017, 1:27:57 PM3/21/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
You beat me to it.  The link is

JesseJay

On Mar 21, 2017 12:25 PM, "Minuteman" <nathan....@gmail.com> wrote:
They announced the date, and some vague references to trucking and moving objects. I'm thinking there will be something about hauling a load, with extra point based on the weight of the load.

jesse brockmann

Mar 21, 2017, 1:32:22 PM3/21/17
to diyr...@googlegroups.com
BTW those dates are the same as the powerwheels racing dates, and their schedule says the race is in Denver.  But that may or may not be important.

JesseJay​

Michael Shimniok

Ted Meyers

Mar 21, 2017, 8:37:54 PM3/21/17
to diyrovers
Interesting, it looks like it is now a 2 day event.  I like it! And it will make the PRS people happy too.

Don't know about October though.  In Colorado we frequently get snow and or thunderstorms the first 2 weeks of October.  September is about perfect for weather in my opinion.  Could have predicted October though; every year Sparkfun schedules the AVC a month or two later.  Remember when it was in March?  Soon enough, we will be back to March.  We could be having AVC this weekend!  Perfect!!!!

Ted

Ted Meyers

Mar 21, 2017, 9:00:49 PM3/21/17
to diyrovers
Yes, the schedule last year also said Denver, and the 2017 rules say, "(Provisional) Sparkfun AVC Boulder, CO", but they may or may not have coordinated with Sparkfun when updating the 2017 rules. The rules also link to the 2016 AVC for more information on the Autonomous rules.

It is notable that the dates for the Denver Maker Faire are also Oct 14,15.

Ted

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:32:22 AM UTC-6, JesseJay wrote:
BTW those dates are the same as the powerwheels racing dates, and their schedule says the race is in Denver.  But that may or may not be important.

JesseJay​
On Mar 21, 2017 12:27 PM, "jesse brockmann" <jjbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
You beat me to it.  The link is

JesseJay
On Mar 21, 2017 12:25 PM, "Minuteman" <nathan....@gmail.com> wrote:
They announced the date, and some vague references to trucking and moving objects. I'm thinking there will be something about hauling a load, with extra point based on the weight of the load.

Ted Meyers

Mar 21, 2017, 9:05:51 PM3/21/17
to diyrovers
I think they said moving obstacles.  That may or may not make a huge difference, depending on the implementation.  I mean, there have been moving obstacles for a while now -- JesseJay's rover for instance, and the hoop that it moved around the course =)

I have a new secret weapon that greatly improves dead reckoning, but I may have to do more to deal with moving obstacles.  Yikes!

Ted