1-Click Tether

BytesDoc

Sep 14, 2012, 11:55:28 PM9/14/12
to diyphon...@googlegroups.com
Help Needed.  I'm trying to use 1-Click Tether with my Android ver 2.2 smarthphone and Windows Vista PC.  When launch 1-Click Tether on smarthphone get error message "Need to update Profile".  I tried several other tether software and all failed.  Discovered in trying to reslove problem was because they all where using Google's public DNS 8.8.8.8  Only tether software I was able to change the DNS was in PdaNet.  In PdaNet there is an option to deselect Google DNS.  As soon as I did that I was able to connect to internet and tether smartphone to PC.  I am using Sprint and have not tested with any other service providers so I do not know if this is unique to Sprint only.
In 1-Click there is no option to see what DNS it is trying to use.  Please let me know if 1-Click is using Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and if so is there any way to change this?
Thanks,
Mike