Fwd: 100,000 Bioengineers in 100 days

Keoni Gandall

Sep 16, 2016, 12:03:28 PM9/16/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Synbiota Inc. <in...@synbiota.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 7:58 AM
Subject: 100,000 Bioengineers in 100 days
To: koen...@gmail.com

Know-your-GMO!

A year ago, Synbiota welcomed Amino Labs to complete a short residency in our Toronto office. A year later Amino Labs is launching a global challenge with STEM partner The BioBuilder Educational Foundation with the goal of creating 100,000 new bioengineers in 100 days through the use of a simulation game. The official launch of #100Kbio is Tuesday September 20th, 2016

"Genetic engineers produce medicine, food, fuel, household products and now materials. There are genetically engineered consumer products in the hands of hundreds of millions of people each day, and this will continue to increase. We depend heavily on these "bio-products" and it is vital that we learn about the technology. We challenge you to become a Virtual Bioengineer!"

This is a big goal and they need your help to reach it! Full campaign details are here:

http://www.amino.bio/100kbio

How you can help:

  • do the challenge and get your #100Kbio Virtual Bioengineer Certificate
  • if you work in the field, share the challenge with your friends and family! they probably wonder what you do all day at work
  • amplify genetic engineering and GMO know-how by sharing the campaign within your networks
  • if you are a teacher, have your class do the challenge as part of genetics class or as homework
  • if you know a teacher, challenge them and their students to complete the challenge
  • you can even embed the game-like simulator in your website
  • support the up and coming Thunderclap

Who is it for:

  • middle school students and teachers
  • high school students and teachers
  • college or university students looking to get acquainted with a lab exercise
  • science museums
  • general public curious about genetic engineering and GMOs
  • home schoolers
  • web-based learning platforms
  • genetic engineering literacy groups
  • anti-GMO organizations
  • pro-GMO organizations
  • decision makers in government
  • do it yourself biology (DIYBio) and maker communities
Copyright © 2016 Synbiota, All rights reserved.
You're are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Synbiota
10 Dundas St E
Montreal, Qc H3H 1A2
Canada

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp