SYBRGreen Datasheet

Gabriele Borelli

Mar 1, 2015, 4:35:31 PM3/1/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am studying Electronic Bioengineering at University of Bologna. I am beginning to study the working principle of qPCR, more specific I am now focusing on SYBRGreen. I would like to do some optical tests on that chemical compound. My biological knowledges are not excellent, so I thought that my first step could be finding a datasheet of this subastance. I did several researches on google, but I can't find any documents where the behavior of the SYBRGreen is completely described. I would like to know:
- emitted light / incident light
- wavelenght of the emitted light
- sensibility / wavelength of the incident light
- changes with temperature (?)
So I would like to have a datasheet, something that describes SYBRGreen entirely.
Where can I find this document?

Thanks and regards,
Gabriele

Nathan McCorkle

Mar 1, 2015, 6:49:33 PM3/1/15
to diybio
This should be helpful:
http://www.theinstituteoffluorescence.com/Publication%202/JoFL%20paper.pdf

I searched google scholar with these keywords:
'sybr chemistry fluorophore chromophore'

That link was the 4th result.
> --
> "DIYbio" group.
> email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/9f609bc3-7eb0-4d02-96ac-7cc34a31762d%40googlegroups.com.

-Nathan
Message has been deleted

Gabriele Borelli

Mar 5, 2015, 1:55:20 PM3/5/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
thank you for your help. I read the documents, but, as on every document I can find on the web, there are only normalized values of intensity.
I know that if I put together SYBR Green and DNA the fluorescence increase by 1000 times, but how much light does it emits respectively to the one that hit the molecole?
I mean that I want to understand if I can measure that fluorescence with a sensor that for example has this curve of sensitivity:

So I would to know the order of magnitude of this fluorescence (that obviously is related to the intensity of light with which I hit the SYBR Green).

Thanks and regards,
Gabriele

Nathan McCorkle

Mar 5, 2015, 2:08:30 PM3/5/15
to diybio
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Gabriele Borelli <borel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> thank you for your help. I read the documents, but, as on every document I
> can find on the web, there are only normalized values of intensity.
> I know that if I put together SYBR Green and DNA the fluorescence increase
> by 1000 times, but how much light does it emits respectively to the one that
> hit the molecole?

You would need to look-up the quantum efficiency I believe.

Matt Lawes

Mar 5, 2015, 2:35:43 PM3/5/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
You can probably find quantum yield / efficiency data for SYBR Green at molecularprobes.com. It is their dye.