Auxotroph yeast strain

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Dec 18, 2018, 6:15:41 PM12/18/18
to DIYbio
After finding a Yeast artificial chromosome that will work and is not bound by copyrights, I realized I will need a yeast strain auxotrophic for Leucin biosynthesis :D
By the way, if anyone needs it, will share.

Anyone with access to a yeast lab strain?

Seth Donnelley

Dec 19, 2018, 8:18:38 PM12/19/18
to diy...@googlegroups.com
No, but you can try using CRISPR to knock out leucine aminotransferase.

Seth
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/efd78af9-14d9-444b-9ecb-da2191a5af7d%40googlegroups.com.

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Dec 22, 2018, 2:53:55 PM12/22/18
to DIYbio
Great idea, but then you might have to delete some other recombinase protein too to ensure stability?

Seth Donnelley

Dec 22, 2018, 5:23:21 PM12/22/18
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I suppose so. Hmm...