Personal opinions about Biohacking

Kay

Nov 19, 2015, 9:06:29 AM11/19/15
to DIYbio
Hi,
I'm currently researching the biohacking community and I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me why you decided to begin biohacking and what advantages you think biohacking brings to the society at large.

I would really appreciate your responses.

Thank You

Dennis Oleksyuk

Nov 19, 2015, 9:13:17 AM11/19/15
to DIYbio
And you are?

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/2cdb4f5b-76e7-4a66-b331-b7eef5ad1dd4%40googlegroups.com.

Jonathan Cline

Nov 20, 2015, 2:50:58 AM11/20/15
to DIYbio, jcline

Because god made mistakes.

## Jonathan Cline
## jcl...@ieee.org
## Mobile: +1-805-617-0223
########################

Sebastian S Cocioba

Nov 20, 2015, 3:09:02 AM11/20/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Personally because its fun to do, it allows me to ask questions that may not always earn grant funding, and I get to nerd out with people who share my interests. I don't really care if my work ever becomes useful to anyone or society nor am I working toward some grander purpose. Education is important to me so I like sharing and teaching but really I am just tinkering with plants in my spare time with hope to one day have a little garden of curiosities that I've engineered, a nice rocking chair, and some good sci-fi to read. In my opinion biohacking is more of a personal exploration into the world around me and nothing more. Call me selfish but I'm just in it to have some fun and express myself using life's paintbrush.

Sebastian S. Cocioba
CEO & Founder
New York Botanics, LLC

Nathan McCorkle