Long-term antibotic stick / device

Mega [Andreas Stuermer]

Jul 9, 2014, 4:20:15 AM7/9/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sometime ago I read about some kind of a device which is implanted in the body and gives off antibiotics very slowly. E.g. after an operation it's placed nearby and protects the area with antibiotics for several weeks.

I cannot ffind anything on Google, has anyone ever heard of this (or even know the name of it)?

Thanks a lot!!

Jeswin

Jul 9, 2014, 9:01:33 AM7/9/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Here is something:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00600925

I think you should search for "antibiotic implant".
> --
> "DIYbio" group.
> email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/f57ea4ef-4cad-43b7-a275-16b6e7aac9ea%40googlegroups.com.

Andreas Stuermer

Jul 9, 2014, 11:56:34 AM7/9/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks!! Exactly what I was searching for!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Ute Kuntz

Jul 9, 2014, 9:13:20 PM7/9/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andreas, I can ask a friend, she is a doctor. May be she know something about...
Ute
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 09. Juli 2014 um 10:20 Uhr
Von: "Mega [Andreas Stuermer]" <masters...@gmail.com>
An: diy...@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [DIYbio] Long-term antibotic stick / device

Ute Kuntz

Jul 9, 2014, 9:13:22 PM7/9/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andreas,
there are Gentamycin-chains, which are implanted in bones...
Ute

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 09. Juli 2014 um 10:20 Uhr
Von: "Mega [Andreas Stuermer]" <masters...@gmail.com>
An: diy...@googlegroups.com

Andreas Stuermer

Jul 10, 2014, 4:55:17 AM7/10/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, this is very interesting!

As mentioned I read from the "discovery" (rather assembly) in the news
 years ago...

Do you know how long they will work? Weeks? Months?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Ute Kuntz

Jul 10, 2014, 5:28:44 AM7/10/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com