Where I can buy PCR Master Mix ?

Walter

May 3, 2015, 10:06:34 AM5/3/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I will do a PCR but I'm an individual. So I can't buy PCR Master Mix in Europe.

Know someone a company (in Europe) that selling PCR Master Mix to an individual ?

- Walter

Bijan

May 4, 2015, 7:05:25 PM5/4/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure you make your own via mixing primers, buffer, and the DNA Pol depending on your needs.

You're also going to need a PCR machine unless you want to spend hours of your life thermal cycling manually.

Claudio Tiecher

May 5, 2015, 3:17:46 AM5/5/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I do not know about any company in Europe, but openbiotechnology.com offers PCR master mix for a reasonable price.

Claudio

Nathan McCorkle

May 5, 2015, 2:47:19 PM5/5/15
to diybio
On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Walter <sapie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will do a PCR but I'm an individual. So I can't buy PCR Master Mix in
> Europe.

I don't see any reason an individual should be *legally* prevented
from purchasing such reagent.

> Know someone a company (in Europe) that selling PCR Master Mix to an
> individual ?

I just googled:
pcr mastermix "europe" sample

and got:
http://www.lgcgroup.com/products/pcr/pcr-reagents/klearkall-mastermix/

Substituting "europe" for "your country" should be an even better search.
> --
> "DIYbio" group.
> email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/ded5a96d-bf8b-43ea-beb3-4bce9fa272fd%40googlegroups.com.

-Nathan

Nathan McCorkle

May 5, 2015, 2:49:02 PM5/5/15
to diybio
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Nathan McCorkle <nmz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Walter <sapie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I will do a PCR but I'm an individual. So I can't buy PCR Master Mix in
>> Europe.
>>

> I don't see any reason an individual should be *legally* prevented
> from purchasing such reagent.

P.S. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in the U.S. you can do
business as an individual without a company name that differs from
your legal-name... so if they ask "institution" just put your
college/university or your legal name. If you ever do business and
want paid, you will tell the person to make the check out to "your
name" so it isn't a lie.

Cathal (Phone)

May 5, 2015, 3:49:02 PM5/5/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com, Claudio Tiecher
I believe nbsbio.co.uk sell PCR reagents, but order by phone and remind them to charge you VAT: their web-form assumes you're a VAT registered company but they were always happy to ship to me. :)

Walter

May 6, 2015, 2:16:02 PM5/6/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com, ctie...@gmail.com, cathal...@cathalgarvey.me
Hello,
thanks for your answers.

The problem with companys in the U.S. is the shipping. The costs are very high.
The other problem is the customs.

- Walter

Nathan McCorkle

May 6, 2015, 3:01:37 PM5/6/15
to diybio, ctie...@gmail.com, Cathal Garvey
Right, that is why you need to search for companies in Europe, not the U.S.... did you read comment I sent with google search terms featuring double-quotes (")? Just replace "europe" with "yourCountry". Or if you really are having trouble, tell us what country you're in.

I'd bet you can get mastermix from a company on every continent except Antarctica.

Dakota Hamill

May 6, 2015, 3:13:31 PM5/6/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
https://www.neb.com/support/international-ordering-support

That's NEB's international distributors.  Fake it till you make it.

Create a company, get a shipping address. Order stuff.  We ordered stuff from Sigma-Aldrich for a year before we ordered something that popped a flag on the DHS's system and they asked us for an official business lease copy.   Account suspended.

Open new account, continue ordering.

Just be smart about it, not reckless and irresponsible.  Be a shining example of a "citizen scientist".  The reason they are so harsh on shipping is because a few idiots want to cook drugs.

If you're in high school in Europe ask a teacher to order for you to the schools shipping address, or go find a local college professor, they'll be more than happy to help a young enthusiastic person.

Ask for help.  I've never been denied help, ever.  I've had people not email me back, but EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have ever asked for help has given it.  Humans want to help each-other.  Be genuine, be interested, be kind, and the world will open to you!

Good luck.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.