UK Biohackathon June 21st-25th

Bethan

Apr 3, 2016, 6:35:39 AM4/3/16
to DIYbio
There's a biohackathon taking place in Cambridge June 21st-25th organised by the Cambridge University Technology and Enterprise Club (CUTEC).

Might be of interest particularly as there are travel scholarships available - deadline of 30th May.

The website is down but I've attached the poster and more details are here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bio-hackathon-thomas-meany

Looking into a live stream, let me know if there's interest. I'm also helping organise a hardware challenge for the event, so suggestions welcome.
bio_hackathon_details.pdf

Steven Stowell

Apr 3, 2016, 11:52:36 AM4/3/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com

I saw this, but it appears to have restricted entrance to students from England, is that correct? Can the public at large engage in some way?

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/5d4b88bf-c937-4dc8-8413-15e465e76b0a%40googlegroups.com.

Cathal (Phone)

Apr 3, 2016, 4:45:55 PM4/3/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Synchronous hackathon and hashtag participation, at the least. :)

Brian Degger

Apr 26, 2016, 9:22:56 AM4/26/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
reading through AFAIK it looks like its open to anyone interested :)

Brian Degger
twitter: @drbrian

Bethan

Apr 26, 2016, 9:26:54 AM4/26/16
to DIYbio
Oups, missed those replies. Pretty sure it's open to anyone, including the scholarships. The organisers said they wanted to support a diverse group. The issue is more max capacity - I think that's set at 50 people. I like the idea of virtual link-up with simultaneous hackathons.