GoldBio VS. Sigma-Aldrich -- any thoughts?

Ryan Hammond

Jul 13, 2015, 7:48:12 AM7/13/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I'm looking at some prices on the antibiotic rifampicin. SIGMA-ALDRICH sells it for $107.00 / g while I found another website I'd never heard of (Goldbio.com) that sells it for only $27.00 / g. That's a pretty significant difference in price -- anyone ever use goldbio.com or heard anything about the quality of their products??

Sebastian S Cocioba

Jul 13, 2015, 8:04:07 AM7/13/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
GoldBio is legit. I buy odds and ends from them. Don't ever buy from Sigma. They'll sell ice to an eskimo and mark it up 800 fold.

Sebastian S. Cocioba
CEO & Founder
New York Botanics, LLC

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/09a45e0d-cad0-4d31-94bf-2cb2184224c4%40googlegroups.com.

Koeng

Jul 13, 2015, 1:18:41 PM7/13/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Sebastian.

Goldbio is legit, I buy from them quite a bit, specifically for antibiotics. High quality, recommended.

Sigma is only good for chemicals or supplies you CANNOT find anywhere else.

Jeff Backstrom

Jul 13, 2015, 10:59:55 PM7/13/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
 Under $16/g from Phytotech, but there's a larger minimum quantity.

The stuff from Sigma probably goes through more rigorous QA/QC, comes with a CofA and so forth.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.