Re: [DIYbio] Abridged summary of diybio@googlegroups.com - 13 updates in 6 topics

Mike Gurecki

Dec 20, 2016, 10:14:38 AM12/20/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Cool! I checked but I never met that guy. He probably works in the hospital.

On Dec 19, 2016 23:24, <diy...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
antonio lamb <anton...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 08:12PM -0800

Hello Cory, I am also in the same boat. Need to get a new strain of GV3101
as the old one I had in the freezer is no longer viable. If you are willing
to send one my way (I am in CA) I would be ...more
antonio lamb <anton...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 08:11PM -0800

Hey Josh,

I also would be interested if someone has a strain of GV3101. I have a
culture of EHA105 I'd be willing to trade you for it.

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 12:20:59 PM UTC-8, ...more
"Mega [Andreas Stuermer]" <masters...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 12:13PM -0800

Check out sperm-mediated transformation. All you need then is PCRing
together a construct - or having it synthesized if you can afford. And
obviously a way to collect sperm from the animal you ...more
"Mega [Andreas Stuermer]" <masters...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 12:15PM -0800

Make sure to consider the ethics. If you make mice much smarter, they may
be considered human-like sentient beings and you should make sure to treat
them well, big cage, toys, food, magazines, ...more
Felipe Tanaami <tan...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 07:23PM -0200

Next polemics: Should intelligent mice be used in psychiatrics experiments?

...more
Simon Quellen Field <sfi...@scitoys.com>: Dec 18 01:34PM -0800

Don't make them smart enough to avoid mousetraps.
It's hard enough building better mousetraps without people going around
building better mice.
:-)

-----
Get a free science project every week! ...more
Vytautas Guzas <vytaut...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 07:19PM -0800

Fun coincidence: I recently read a Philip K. Dick novel about a dystopian
future where such mice (and other animals existed). One of the protagonists
was a travelling "advanced mousetrap" ...more
Alexey Zaytsev <alexey....@gmail.com>: Dec 18 11:10AM +0800

Hey,

any people around Shenzhen? Let's meet up and see what we can do here!
...more
Pieter <pieterva...@gmail.com>: Dec 18 06:02AM -0800

Hi Alexey,

As of Jan 31st the Shenzhen Open Innovation Lab will take part in the
BioHack Academy. You should go over and check it out or contact David Li or
Vicky Xie to learn more.
...more
Scott <synbio...@gmail.com>: Dec 17 06:33PM -0800

Check out DIYbio-Toronto
https://www.meetup.com/DIYbio-Toronto/
...more
Kermit Henson <kerm...@gmail.com>: Dec 17 01:44AM -0800

seems interesting...

nice job :)

El viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2016, 16:36:28 (UTC+1), Abizar Lakdawalla
escribió:
...more
John Griessen <jo...@industromatic.com>: Dec 17 10:57AM -0600

On 12/16/2016 09:36 AM, Abizar Lakdawalla wrote:
> Details for a diy tissue culture sterile hood made out of a room HEPA air purifier are
> at ...more
Abizar Lakdawalla <abi...@gmail.com>: Dec 17 11:36AM -0800

HI John, good comments. Like some of your ideas especially on the power
outlets, etc. BTW, I was a bio-scientist having done quite a bit of tissue
culture over the years. My main issue was the damn ...more