Yeast promoter engineering

Nico B.

May 5, 2016, 4:02:09 PM5/5/16
to DIYbio
Hey all!

I want to get my hands wet on yeast engineering. Has anyone ever used the TEF1 promoter from Ashbya gossypii? I want to use two or three promoters, but cannot take the same twice because of homologous recombination TEF1 from sachhaomyces and TDH3 are on my list. I need a promoter to be constitutively active, but most importantly active on glucose+ oxygen+

Thanks!!

Francis Lee

May 5, 2016, 4:22:13 PM5/5/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
pTEF is a pretty strong promoter; some other good ones are pCYC1 and pADH1.

Also, check out the attached pub from the Deuber lab from 2013.

-F

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/043f789d-9984-4901-9573-dcb3fbc3d3d9%40googlegroups.com.

Nucl. Acids Res.-2013-Lee-nar-gkt809.pdf