Open Hackerspace for Biotechnologies in Berlin, Germany

Mark Molybdän

Oct 16, 2011, 3:08:47 PM10/16/11
to DIYbio
Hello there!

I'm currently studying bioinformatics at FU Berlin for quite a time
now and well... I got kind of bored.
I miss the "real action". Reading and listening to lectures about
biotech is just not enough.
I finally want to put my lab coat on and cook some gene soups. ;)

So I'm trying to build up an Open Hackerspace for biopunks here in
Berlin.
Like ODC (opendesigncity.de/) only for bio stuff.

Had this idea for almost a year... and I think it's about time now. I
_finally_ want to be able to perform my own experiments etc. and make
this possible for other interested people, too.

Or I go nuts...!

All this project needs are some dedicated, creative and highly
motivated co-founders and supporters,
who _really_ want to do this.

And don't tell me it's not possible... We will make it possible.

Will be talking to some profs at uni next week -hope I get some sort
of support from them.

Berlin needs this. ;)

Anyone interested please mail me!

Cheers,
mm

Magdalena Wojciechowska

Dec 5, 2017, 10:05:19 PM12/5/17
to DIYbio
Hello! I know you wrote this in 2011, but I'm curious. I just started studying biotechnology on gdańsk university in Poland. It's 2017 and there are still no biohacker spaces in Poland. That's why I'm looking for them in Berlin which is relatively close to Gdańsk. Did your idea succed? If not, can you recommend any other space?
Looking forward to your reply!
Best regards, M

ukitel

Dec 11, 2017, 12:21:32 PM12/11/17
to DIYbio
Is Gdansk really close to Berlin?!

There is a group of biohackers in Berlin, for a while they had a lab at the Art Laboratory Berlin. They are now crowdfunding for another space they will have together with another art association Top e.V.
Moreover, in Munich there's another lab being established

Cheers,

mrc

Magdalena Wojciechowska

Dec 11, 2017, 6:37:58 PM12/11/17
to diy...@googlegroups.com
That's why I said relatively. 5 hours is not bad, when it's worth the ride. Thank you! :)
Cheers, M

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/3dcd1b65-4ddc-491c-b734-06de3545757b%40googlegroups.com.

ukitel

Dec 12, 2017, 1:28:33 AM12/12/17