Agarose gel DNA dye

Sina Amoor Pour

May 8, 2016, 5:53:48 AM5/8/16
to DIYbio
Hi, I want to do PCR. I have everything for it except for the dye that is used during the electroforesis. Was looking at Sybr Safe. But it is really expensive and the information I could find in this group was old so what I'm wondering is what you guys use as dye for electroforesis and from where you buy it?

/Sina

Dakota Hamill

May 8, 2016, 9:08:31 AM5/8/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/27451c0c-6208-4d25-a80f-b8040301dab4%40googlegroups.com.

Koeng

May 8, 2016, 11:07:39 PM5/8/16
to DIYbio
+1 to gelgreen

Sebastian S Cocioba

May 8, 2016, 11:21:16 PM5/8/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
A second +1 for GelGreen!

Sebastian S. Cocioba
CEO & Founder
New York Botanics, LLC

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Sina Amoor Pour

May 12, 2016, 5:28:15 AM5/12/16
to DIYbio
Thanks for the answers. Can I also ask what the standard way of disposing GelGreen is? Can we just throw it in the garbage or does it need special kind of waste management?

/Sina

Dakota Hamill

May 12, 2016, 9:18:07 AM5/12/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
GelGreen can be thrown out in the normal garbage.

BioMaster

Aug 21, 2016, 5:49:40 PM8/21/16
to DIYbio, dko...@gmail.com
Does biotium ship to individuals?