Science and Technology Education - Research about the process of creating the blue-ink's bacterias

dimannrich

Sep 15, 2016, 1:41:15 PM9/15/16
to DIYbio

Hi, my name is João Paulo Mannrich. I'am from Brazil. I make a doctorate degree in Science and Tecnology Education.

I'm researching about the DIY comunity, specially how the knowlege is build inside these groups. I want to understand by which means the community shares and builds knowledge together. So, I researched on the development of blue-ink's bacterias, how exactly it happened, but i can't find nothing in the groups like DIYBio or in lapaillasse.org, or in http://www.pili.bio/

There are records like articles, texts or discussions in groups what treat about the process of creating the blue-ink's bacterias? The community DIYBio helped in this process? How? I need some record of this.

I'll be very grateful if you can help-me!

It's ok if you prefer to answer in français.

Best regards,
João Paulo Mannrich
+55 48 9623-4085 (WhatsApp)
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Brazil

Claudio Tiecher

Sep 16, 2016, 1:52:05 AM9/16/16
to DIYbio
Hi João,

there are some other people who have worked with ink.
Check out this link: http://www.ingridnijhoff.nl/research
You may try to contact them.

I was myself in touch with one of the artist who wanted to know how to produce ink from bacteria.
In my case the artist and I (myself, a trained biologist) met at a workshop at the DIYbio lab in Amsterdam. After the first meeting I could share some of my knowledge that will help her start-up. In a second stage she developed the project within the DIYbio space in Amsterdam.

Cheers,
Claudio