What is a reasonable title to use when setting up accounts with suppliers?

da3v

Jan 4, 2017, 4:43:53 PM1/4/17
to DIYbio
In the process of setting up a community lab, I am finding that most of the entities I am dealing with when setting up a new accounts want to know my title.  While the temptation to be whimsical is pretty strong, the desire to be taken seriously, and actually get things working is stronger.  This world of lab etiquette is still pretty new to me, what would be a reasonable, honest title to use?

Thanks!
-Dave

Patrik D'haeseleer

Jan 5, 2017, 4:57:57 AM1/5/17
to DIYbio
I doubt anyone is actually going to care. But "lab manager" probably isn't too far off the mark. Principal Investigator if you want to portray that you're setting research directions. Procurement Officer (PO) or CPO if you're specifically in charge of ordering stuff.