Looking for interviews with DIY biologists for Master's thesis

Moritz Kroenig

May 27, 2015, 7:25:50 AM5/27/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Currently I am writing my Master’s thesis at the chair of technology and innovation management (professor Henkel) at the TU Munich. The title is: „The Risk of Intellectual Property Infringement in the Field of Synthetic Biology“. The thesis is about risk factors increasing the risk of intellectual property (patent, copyright etc.) infringement for the synthetic biology industry. In a second step I would like to analyse the perception of the before found risk factors within the synthetic biology industry and furthermore the use of infringement avoidance measures. Therefore I would like to conduct an interview with DIY biologists. I would be very grateful if you have have an hour time for a skype interview. As soon as my thesis is finished I would be willing to send you a copy. The risk factors as well as the infringement avoidance measures could be of interest for you. You can contact me via mail (moritz....@googlemail.com) or telephone (+491776556296). Thank you very much!

With best regards,

Moritz Kroenig

Cathal Garvey

May 27, 2015, 8:01:29 AM5/27/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
You say "risk" like infringement of "Intellectual Property" is
particularly dangerous. :)

Personally I'm eager to see a future where patented life is abolished
entirely, but in the meantime I'm *very* wary of living-DRM mechanisms
like artificial nucleotides/aminos, terminator, etcetera. Human
flourishing is far more important than the bottom line of some
unimaginative company exec who can't imagine keeping customers without
weapons.
> (moritz....@googlemail.com <mailto:moritz....@hotmail.com>) or
> telephone (+491776556296). Thank you very much!
>
> With best regards,
>
> Moritz Kroenig
>

> --
> Groups "DIYbio" group.
> an email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:diybio+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> <mailto:diy...@googlegroups.com>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/2743edcd-b84d-4732-8ee5-2b3ec806d6e2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/2743edcd-b84d-4732-8ee5-2b3ec806d6e2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Scientific Director, IndieBio Irish Programme
Now running in Cork, Ireland May->July
Learn more at http://eu.indie.bio and follow along!
Twitter: @onetruecathal
Phone: +353876363185
miniLock: JjmYYngs7akLZUjkvFkuYdsZ3PyPHSZRBKNm6qTYKZfAM
peerio.com: cathalgarvey

Anton Kulaga

Jun 3, 2015, 8:21:06 AM6/3/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Moritz.

We've started doing synthetic biology (working with IGEM plasmids) in Kiev, if the question is still relevant one of our team can answer the questions.