Spare pOpen Taq plasmids anyone?

Open BioLab Graz - Austria

Apr 18, 2013, 10:29:32 AM4/18/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Since the openbiotech guys arent answering to our emails since weeks, we thought we try it here:

Does anyone here have some spare pOpenTaq plasmids and would be so kind to send them to our biohacking space in Austria/Europe? We would really like to test our nice equipment :)

Josiah Zayner

Apr 18, 2013, 11:12:27 AM4/18/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I don't have pOpenTaq but I have a plasmid that contains Taq polymerase with a his tag so it can be purified on a nickel column. The expression is inducible with IPTG.

Marc Dusseiller

Apr 19, 2013, 4:58:38 AM4/19/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
hei graz,

we have just recently ordered and received it to be used during "Hack-a-Taw" hacksprint 2 weeks ago in lausanne.
see some info here (also has some nice tests our our self-made PCR thermocyclers...)

we still have some of the plasmids and reagents. kris from BioTehna lab in Ljubljana also took some down. maybe you should come for a visit to LJ anyway, just 1.5 h drive.

best,

Koeng

Apr 19, 2013, 9:56:39 AM4/19/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I would, but I haven't gotten around to cloning a bunch of it :) If no one else can get it to you, I could probably send some in a week or two

Open BioLab Graz - Austria

Apr 20, 2013, 7:34:09 AM4/20/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your kind offer Josiah! We have luckily found someone nearby with pOpenTaq.

Open BioLab Graz - Austria

Apr 20, 2013, 7:55:06 AM4/20/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Hallo,

wow nice hacksprint. Is there a detailed description of the wild openpcr somewhere? We are also building our own pcr machine right now.
Yeah we should definitly visit the people in ljubljana, currently we are quite self focused to get our stuff working...
I contacted sachiko, i think he is in your team :)

Open BioLab Graz - Austria

Apr 20, 2013, 7:58:57 AM4/20/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you too Koeng! Although we found already a source, dont let this stop you from cloning them ;)

Ivan Ivanov

Mar 31, 2014, 5:10:13 PM3/31/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I have also tried to buy some of the pOpenTaq plasmid but no answer from the guys from Openbiotech. If someone can send some in Bulgaria/Europe that would be great ! Thanks

Chengcang Wu

Mar 18, 2015, 7:19:47 AM3/18/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 10:12:27 AM UTC-5, Josiah Zayner wrote:
I don't have pOpenTaq but I have a plasmid that contains Taq polymerase with a his tag so it can be purified on a nickel column. The expression is inducible with IPTG.

 Hi Josiah,
Could you please share a little of your Tag polymerase plasmid with us?

Thanks,

Chengcang Wu
1100 Corporate Square Dr Suite 257
St Louis, MO 63132

Josiah Zayner

Mar 18, 2015, 12:06:47 PM3/18/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chengcang,

     I have it in a strain but understand it has not been used or tested in years so have small amounts of caution. Iw ill send out the strain in the next few days.

Josiah

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/01bd3a31-a0ad-44e6-b1e7-58085c6e9202%40googlegroups.com.

Chengcang Wu

Apr 7, 2015, 10:03:12 AM4/7/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,

We are waiting to receive and test your Taq polymerase.

Thanks
Chengcang

Josiah Zayner

Apr 8, 2015, 6:02:41 PM4/8/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey, sorry, totally forgot about this. Will ship it out by tomorrow.

Андрей Роман

Apr 16, 2015, 4:57:35 PM4/16/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Does anyone here have some spare pOpenTaq plasmids and would be so kind to send them to Marseille?

Seeda

Aug 16, 2016, 5:00:08 PM8/16/16
to DIYbio
Hello,

Could someone provide us with pOpenTaq plasmid?

jarlemag

Aug 16, 2016, 6:51:51 PM8/16/16
to DIYbio
Hi,