Addgene

Towa

May 16, 2016, 8:07:35 AM5/16/16
to DIYbio
Hi guys,
Is there a way for guys like me who are no longer affiliated with any university to get plasmids from Addgene?
thanks!

Dennis Oleksyuk

May 16, 2016, 9:55:27 AM5/16/16
to DIYbio
They will not sell you anything unless you are affiliated with a university, a corporation, or an incorporated DIYBio lab. Also even if someone here in DIYBio community orders a plasmid and sends it to you, they will be breaking the Material Transfer Agreement with them. Which I have no idea how bad because I don't know how legit that agreement is. But probably it is dangerous thing to do because with plasmids usually patents involved.

What plasmid do you want to order? Is it patented? Could you track a lab which developed it and try contacting them directly?

I would also love to hear what other people suggests as a way of acquiring plasmids.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/e325b71b-6f32-4afb-9476-d7540acaac07%40googlegroups.com.

Towa

May 16, 2016, 10:01:07 AM5/16/16
to DIYbio, ma...@dennis-o.com
I was eventually hoping to get my hands on the lux genes from a photorhabdus luminescens down the line.