BUGSS is hiring a full time Lab/Program Manager

shamrock

May 3, 2015, 10:57:11 PM5/3/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

BUGSS-Baltimore's Community Lab is seeking to hire a full time Lab/Program manager. If you're excited and passionate about citizen science and the DIY-bio movement and want to play a significant role in raising awareness of and access to biological technologies then you may be just the person we're looking for. You'll work closely with the BUGSS board, oversee the lab operations, help organize courses and workshops, and interact daily with BUGSS members and other community constituents and stakeholders. A complete job description is attached. Send a CV/resume, cover letter telling why you want to work with BUGSS and the names of three references (we'll contact you first before contacting references) to jo...@bugssonline.org  For more information about BUGSS see our website at www.bugssonline.org Applications are accepted until the position is filled and we will begin reviewing applications on June 1. BUGSS is located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

Contrary to what the news media has portrayed in the last week Baltimore is a great place to live and work! There's a very vibrant maker community, world class art and science institutions, a dazzling music scene, champion sports teams, and a plethora of outdoor recreational activities. The problems Baltimore faces are no different then any other large city, but what you'll find here, and what the news media failed to show, are the people and organizations working tirelessly to make our city better. BUGSS is proud to be part of that effort.

Tom

Finalized Job Description.docx

GeneralOya

May 4, 2015, 2:52:46 AM5/4/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
So excited. However this develops I'm so proud to know you all & be a part of this forward thinking beneficent community of educators, artists, makers & guardians of BioMore!

GeneralOya

May 4, 2015, 2:57:27 AM5/4/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Avengers assemble!

Marc Juul

May 5, 2015, 11:29:36 PM5/5/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 7:57 PM, shamrock <thmsb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

BUGSS-Baltimore's Community Lab is seeking to hire a full time Lab/Program manager.

Hey that's really cool!

I'm curious how you're funding BUGSS such that this is possible?

--
marc/juul

shamrock

May 6, 2015, 5:09:07 PM5/6/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com, ju...@labitat.dk
BUGSS received a grant from a local foundation that will pay the salary and benefits for 2.5 years. The idea is that with a full time person we'll be able to expand our class offerings and open lab hours for members, as well as take advantage of other opportunities. BUGSS, like all the other community labs, at least that I know of, is completely volunteer run-which has worked well. But the demand were seeing is pretty much maxed out what can be done on a purely volunteer basis without some serious cracks developing. We presented a plan to the foundation detailing how, with their support, we could generate enough revenue from operations in two years to cover the persons salary and benefits.

Josiah Zayner

May 7, 2015, 1:47:30 PM5/7/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com, ju...@labitat.dk
That is pretty awesome!