FWD: Pet Shop Food Bar microbes take over Amsterdam city centre

Pieter

Oct 24, 2016, 6:07:47 AM10/24/16
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Anyone in Amsterdam on November 3rd? We are opening up the next edition of our pop-up microbe store Petshop!

Join us for the Pet Shop Food Bar opening on November 3rd
View this email in your browser

Once again Waag Society is opening up its biobank to the public, this time to find out how our micro-pets can contribute to the future of our food in the Pet Shop Food Bar. An exciting new location in the heart of Amsterdam will host the fourth edition and latest evolution of Waag Society’s Pet Shop - our pop-up food bar.

Pet Shop Food Bar Opening November 3rd
Microbe enthusiasts and foodies alike are very welcome at the official opening of the Pet Shop Food Bar on Thursday November 3rd. Stop by for some eclectic microbial-inspired treats and shop our latest collection of bacteria, fungi, and algae.

(Work)shop
At the Pet Shop Food Bar you can grab a superfood breakfast; learn how bacteria contribute to our food, flora, and food intake; or find the right microbes to safe your plant from dying. The pop-up shop will further host a number of exciting workshops, presentations and the famous 'catch your pets in the wild' city tour.

Opening times Pet Shop Food Bar
3 - 26 November, 2016
Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 to 17:00
Houtkopersdwarsstraat 6
1011 AL Amsterdam

Opening Pet Shop Food Bar
03/11 - free

City tour: catch your pets in the wild!
19/11 - € 15
Workshop The Poop Doctor
10/11 - € 15

(Super)food cooking workshop
24/11 - € 15
Workshop hack your (super)food
17/11 - € 15
SOS Plant Care workshop
26/11 - €5

ukitel

Oct 25, 2016, 11:13:33 AM10/25/16
to DIYbio
Which microbes are for sale?
And actually how are they sold to people? What type of specific applications are suggested?