TE Buffer/PFU Polymerase in the Portland, OR area?

Jacob Palumbo

Oct 5, 2015, 12:16:57 PM10/5/15
to DIYbio
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project that is deadline-dependant and I'm running a bit low on TE buffer. I'm ordering more today but it would be helpful if I could get some more now. Less critical but helpful with be some PFU MM as well. I'd gladly buy and pick-up any/both from anyone in the Portland, OR area.

Thanks,
Jake

Nathan McCorkle

Oct 5, 2015, 1:33:43 PM10/5/15
to diybio
Hi Jake,
I have some TE but it is about 4 years old and cloudy. I'm out in
Hillsboro, and from a quick Google you're close by in Forest Grove?
Maybe we can get together sometime? There's a new makerspace opening
up (within a few months) at Intel's Jones Farm campus, which will be
open to the public (or so I've heard).

Do you know:
http://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/faculty/andrew-mc-dawes-phd-0
?

He is DIY friendly and active online on the Dorkbot mailing list...
I've met him at least once when I needed to borrow an x-ray detector.

Nice to hear about someone local!
-Nathan
> --
> "DIYbio" group.
> email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/851a1dd4-02a5-45c0-ab02-bc931e7ae653%40googlegroups.com.

-Nathan

Jacob Palumbo

Oct 5, 2015, 2:28:39 PM10/5/15
to DIYbio
Nathan,

Think it's still good? Buffer doesn't typically go bad, and I'm sure a quick heating will solvate any precipitate if the problem isn't that its contaminated. I can be out there at around 2:30 or after 5:30. Either of those sound good? Email me where to meet @ palumb...@gmail.com if so.
I've heard about the Jones Farm space, but I'm not sure how open it will actually be.

I wouldn't say I know him personally, but I've seen him around and such. We work in the same building.
Hah, who hasn't needed to borrow an X-ray detector at some point? (I'm imagining a phrase like that would come from the kind of future the 1950's would believe is most likely.)

Best,
Jake