Help me with your opinion on BioHacking!

Sett 41 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Henrik Islann Farbøl

ulest,
10. juli 2015, 12:21:5810.07.2015
til diy...@googlegroups.com

Hi all!

I am a master's student, writing my thesis on the exciting world of BioHacking, under the guidance of J.F. Christensen at CBS. The main interest is how communities are engaged to innovate openly and share their experience.

To this end, I would like YOUR story - how did you get into biohacking, what motivates you to participate, and how do you use the network of biohackers?

Hopefully, we can contribute to each other some knowledge and ideas about biohacking, participating in communities, and how knowledge can spread across social and global borders.

Anyone who can spare 30 mins. of their time would be greatly appreciated!

Please email me at h.is...@gmail.com if you are interested.

Again, thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,
Henrik Islann Farbøl
Cand.merc. MIB
Copenhagen Business School

Nathan McCorkle

ulest,
10. juli 2015, 13:22:2610.07.2015
til diybio
On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Henrik Islann Farbøl <h.is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> I am a master's student, writing my thesis on the exciting world of
> BioHacking, under the guidance of J.F. Christensen at CBS. The main interest
> is how communities are engaged to innovate openly and share their
> experience.
>

> To this end, I would like YOUR story - how did you get into biohacking,

I grew up when Dolly the sheep was on TV... and a bunch of movies
showed how crazy people thought this tech could get. Then I started
playing with growing stuff at home, learning sterile technique, had
experiences with land management and conservation, worked on a ranch
with animals and some gardens... then I went to college for biotech.

> what
> motivates you to participate,

Desire to produce things that are otherwise invaluable/limited resources.

> and how do you use the network of biohackers?

my personal board of expert consultants... ranking pretty much the
same as the university professors (lots of academics and pros here,
but usually different perspectives that can compliment each other,
complain about the other side)

> Hopefully, we can contribute to each other some knowledge and ideas about
> biohacking, participating in communities, and how knowledge can spread
> across social and global borders.
>
> Anyone who can spare 30 mins. of their time would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Please email me at h.is...@gmail.com if you are interested.
>

> Again, thank you for your time.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Henrik Islann Farbøl