Exercise neurological benefits in GDLP1

Frank Garcia

Jul 20, 2020, 10:45:05 PM7/20/20
to DIYbio
Here’s a new article with a different twist to aging and blood factors. Here we see the identification of a single protein, gdlp1, as the agent responsible for much of the neurological benefits conferred by exercise. Though the paper focuses on cognitive benefits I recall seeing papers describing metabolic benefits of gdlp1. So can I hire someone to exercise for me while I sit and watch TV eating chocolates who will simply give me their plasma loaded with the exercise payload?

More seriously, how does one look into getting their hands on gdlp1 in a safe usable form?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200709141534.htm?fbclid=IwAR2xW424gMmeT9zjwAmW8-N-XlPTCk5h2qLjoL4UWhQZEAnvL81MSzy3SXA

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6500/167.abstract

Full article: https://sci-hub.tw/10.1126/science.abc8830