Localized GE or expression. Do you think it is important?

Gordana Ostojic

Jul 10, 2016, 3:34:35 PM7/10/16
to DIYbio

Hi all,

I was wondering if you knowledgeable people can help me sort something out. I am wondering how important is localization. Basically, we same DNA in each cell but expression varies greatly in time and space. Do you think that we should strive to develop localized therapeutics like drug delivery, gene manipulation (either via DNA or RNA)? Do you think it is very or only marginally important?

To me it seems very important, but I don't have good background in biology and medicine so I am wondering if I am missing a crucial step.