Studying the Transbiome

Bastian Greshake Tzovaras

Feb 26, 2021, 8:33:07 AM2/26/21
to DIYbio
Hey folks,
I wanted to share a citizen & open science project that we’re just launching and which I think might be of interest for you: The Transbiome study! https://en.goteo.org/project/transbiome

Some background on this: Clara, a master student in our lab, has designed a community-driven research study into the microbial diversity found in trans women’s neo-vagina. It’s a topic that hasn’t been studied so far and it’s a big barrier for trans women to get adequate gynecological care due to a lack of basic knowledge. As a trans woman who wants to become a gynecologist after her Master’s it’s a project that comes from a lot of personal drive! Unfortunately, we don’t have any academic funding at this point to help finance the materials & services needed to make this study happen. That’s why we’ve just launched a crowdfunding campaign for this project for which we would need your help. Every contribution counts, no matter how small.

I fully understand if during this time you can’t contribute financially. If that’s the case and you want to help us in a different way: Please share the campaign more widely with your networks, on social media etc: https://en.goteo.org/project/transbiome

Last but not least: Our aim is to analyze 50 samples, so if you’re interested in participating, check out the campaign page for more information on that too!

Thanks so much,
Bastian

--
mobile phone + 1 (510) 944-4298 🇺🇸
mobile phone +33 7 66 75 21 49 🇪🇺

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.

Cathal Garvey

Feb 26, 2021, 8:37:30 AM2/26/21
to 'Bastian Greshake Tzovaras' via DIYbio
Really interesting study! Is it OK to share this on some of the marginally less-toxic social media, like the Fediverse?

26 Feb 2021, 13:32 by diy...@googlegroups.com:
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---

Bastian Greshake Tzovaras

Mar 2, 2021, 12:13:41 PM3/2/21
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Cathal! That’s absolutely okay and we’d love to see it spread as widely as possible! 👍

--
Sent from a mobile device
mobile 🇪🇺: +49 176 213 044 66