Biomarkers - RE: [DIYbio] Re: Looking for partner or group for DIY TPE

Johnny Adams GRG Exec Director

Jul 1, 2020, 12:09:56 PM7/1/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Frank's list of markers below seem practical and make a lot of sense (blood pressure, exercise capacity . . .).  I'd be interested in knowing how exercise capacity is measured.

Large biomarker sets can get complicated.  And it's the end results like mobility, maintaining cognitive ability, enjoyment of life etc we seek.

DNA methylation is perhaps the most valuable marker, but I usually use multiple measures and look for shifts toward youth in all, or at least most, of them.

For your consideration here’s one sample set you can adapt to your own purpose

See Part 3 - page 36 here

https://www.aginginterventionfoundation.org/AgingInterventionProgram.pdf

where it says:

Here’s ONE EXAMPLE -- used for our recent small study.

This set can be adapted for many other therapies.

Basic Biomarker Set/Protocol

Biomarker/objective measure plan for our recent small study

Johnny

John M. “Johnny” Adams

Executive Director Gerontology Research Group

JAd...@grg.org  (949) 922-9786 cell

~~~~

CEO / Exec. Director  Aging Intervention Foundation / Bourhenne Medical Research Foundation

https://www.aginginterventionfoundation.org/AgingInterventionProgram.pdf

http://www.AgingIntervention.org

http://www.AgingIntervention.org/JohnnyAdamsBackgroundSummary.htm

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/16eed664-8f9a-466c-b188-d746e7405178n%40googlegroups.com.