ICPS beginner

Timothy Dennis

May 13, 2016, 6:47:20 AM5/13/16
to DIYbio
Hello all. I have been reading and have become more and more interested in the subject of learning and experomenting with adult cells to stem cells. Learning how to do these Experoments at home. Could you tell me what open sources are availabile for beginners through novice for education as well as equipment required and learning how to properly use that needed equipment. I am a 40ish disabled retired firefighter with average financials but an abundance of time. I would love to get involved with something that intrests me again and possibly I could someday make some small contribution to make the world a better place and give me a sence of purpose again. Any feedback is appreciated as I have the utmost respect for everyone forging forward in such an honorable field...

Josiah Zayner

May 13, 2016, 2:02:22 PM5/13/16
to DIYbio
Hey Tim,

     You should check out our tutorials and kits at The ODIN. Human cells are a bit complicated so you might want to learn the basics first. How to pipette and run agarose gels. How to get foreign DNA into cells i.e. transformations and many others things. If you have any questions feel free to email me at ca...@the-odin.com

Thanks,
     Josiah

Timothy Dennis

May 14, 2016, 2:13:46 AM5/14/16
to DIYbio
Thank you very much for the info.

Towa

May 16, 2016, 8:09:35 AM5/16/16
to DIYbio
I've been eye-ing Josiah's store for a month now. I looked long and hard for any store that can get me started with biohacking on the cheap, and I don't think you can't beat his kits. I intend to get his complete starter kit as soon as I have enough play-money.

Towa

May 16, 2016, 10:20:44 AM5/16/16
to DIYbio
Typo...
I meant to write "I don't think you CAN beat his kits." It offer pretty much everything us newbs to get started

Nathan McCorkle

Jun 3, 2016, 8:59:23 PM6/3/16
to diybio
Did you mean iPSCs (induced pluripotent stem cells)?

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Timothy Dennis
<timoth...@frontier.com> wrote:
> Hello all. I have been reading and have become more and more interested in the subject of learning and experomenting with adult cells to stem cells. Learning how to do these Experoments at home. Could you tell me what open sources are availabile for beginners through novice for education as well as equipment required and learning how to properly use that needed equipment. I am a 40ish disabled retired firefighter with average financials but an abundance of time. I would love to get involved with something that intrests me again and possibly I could someday make some small contribution to make the world a better place and give me a sence of purpose again. Any feedback is appreciated as I have the utmost respect for everyone forging forward in such an honorable field...
>
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
> Learn more at www.diybio.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/69b85d78-1bfa-4542-a981-fee6fe115832%40googlegroups.com.

-Nathan

Nathan McCorkle

Jun 3, 2016, 9:00:24 PM6/3/16
to diybio
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Josiah Zayner <josiah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Tim,
>
> You should check out our tutorials and kits at The ODIN. Human cells
> are a bit complicated so you might want to learn the basics first. How to
> pipette and run agarose gels. How to get foreign DNA into cells i.e.
> transformations and many others things. If you have any questions feel free
> to email me at ca...@the-odin.com

Are you planning on getting iPSC protocols and reagents? That would be
very interesting.