Please contribute and utilize ethics tools for DIY science

Chris Santos-Lang

Jan 29, 2019, 6:36:21 AM1/29/19
to DIYbio
Hello, community!

I just added an entry on DIYbiosphere about our collection of ethics tools. Please feel free to use the tools and also to contribute your own innovations. We are all facing similar challenges, and it can be inefficient to reinvent the wheel again and again.

Of special notice, there will be a free webinar this Thursday, Jan 31, at noon EST titled, "How to Make Your Research Transparent." In the phrase Issac Newton made famous, "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants," transparency secures your position as a "Giant." When I teach my grandchildren about the Giants of science, I'd like to be teaching them about you. The webinar will be recorded for anyone who can't join us live.

Best Wishes,

Chris Santos-Lang

Jason Bobe

Jan 29, 2019, 9:20:31 AM1/29/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris -

A couple years ago while a Mozilla fellow, I made a guide for people wanting to practice open science in human research.

Not sure if it fits your mandate at the CSA Working Group. I really like some of the resources there, especially your section on DIY / community based IRB review.

Also, community biosummit created a new code recently. I think I’ll create an entry at DIYbiosphere for all the codes I’m aware of.

Jason

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/a23451e7-80b9-441a-99d3-688ed42b437b%40googlegroups.com.

Chris Santos-Lang

Feb 5, 2019, 8:41:47 PM2/5/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for the link to that rich collection, Jason!

I added some links from there to our organic collection of links: https://www.citizenscience.org/association/about/working-groups/ethics-working-group/resources/

If anyone has more links to add, there is contact information on that page, and we would love to add them

Here's a direct link to the recording of the transparency webinar in case anyone wanted to see it but couldn't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BvApGVDMw0

CSA has a conference in Raleigh, NC, March 13-17, then our next webinar (in May) will be about ethics review (e.g. IRB, IBC, IACUC...)

Best Wishes,

Chris

D Griffis

Feb 10, 2019, 12:28:22 PM2/10/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Buy dirt cheap refurbished electronics and DIY Project components. We can provide these prices because we have layed out and are using a brand new E-Waste process. Reuse, Re-Purpose, Recycle and Reduce.

Come see us using the link at the end of this message.

If you like our new E-Waste idea please help us get started. Find out how here.

Or visit our site, it is still in construction but we have decided to make it available to help raise awareness.