DIY bio inspired comedy heading to this years Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Neil Sinclair

Jul 11, 2016, 11:40:11 AM7/11/16
to DIYbio

Hello

I have written a comedy about a man who creates a virus in a DIY bio lab. I am performing it at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival and I was wondering if this would interest you or any of your members. I performed it at the Prague Fringe Festival and it was nominated for an Inspiration award.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Neil Sinclair

Infectiously funny Gaulier graduate set for an Edinburgh epidemic.

THE TERRIBLE TALE OF DR F

A new strain of comedy

Set somewhere in the “not too distant future” The Terrible Tale of Dr F is a paranoid, science fiction comedy, that even David Lynch would flinch at.

This 50-minute show from Ecole Philippe Gaulier graduate, Neil Sinclair, and award-winning director Lucy Hopkins, is a one-man dark comedy of pandemic proportions. A hyper infectious superbug has people petrified. Dr F, a DIY virologist, unimportant, with a friendly face has found a cure, until his vaccination mutates and a new plague is born. The world is doomed.

Born out of an unhealthy obsession with pandemics and paranoid old science-fiction movies, Neil Sinclair blends modern clowning with storytelling and uses his stand-up comedy skills, to create a new type of show which was nominated for the “Inspiration Award” after a sell-out run at this year’s Prague Fringe Festival.

Watch with bated breath as Dr F, and the beautiful virus he created, paint the picture of a London in the grip of a pandemic, presented from the post-apocalyptic wasteland he accidentally created.

The Terrible Tale Of Dr F is making its way to the Edinburgh Fringe to show comedy fans how to go viral, the old fashioned way. Laced with macabre and jam-packed with wit, award-winning stand-up comedian, Neil Sinclair promise to keep fans on the edge of their seats from start to finish.

'

'Thank you, Dr. F, for being apocalyptically hilarious.' - Fringy Bits (Prague)

'Frightening! Absurd! Hysterical!' *****- Ginger Wig & Strolling Man

Listing Information:

Venue: Up The Road / Just The Tonic At The Caves, 8-12 Niddry Street South, Edinburgh

Dates: August 4 - August 14

Tickets: At the venue or online https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/terrible-tale-of-dr-f

Price: £7 Full Price, £5 Concession

Times: 8:40pm – 9:30pm