DIYbio events for today

Steven Stowell

Jan 8, 2017, 10:03:51 AM1/8/17
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Extremely late, but I wanted to get it out anyway.  Rest of the week coming up soon.

Here are your DIYbio events for Sunday, January 9

Oakland, CA, USA
Open Insulin
Work continues on the Open Insulin project

Oakland CA, USA
Low-Tech/No-Tech Mushroom Cultivation/ Bay Area Applied Mycology
Discussion and hands on workshop on simple at-home strategies for cultivating your own mushroom from the grocery store and the wild, in addition to lab tours and more.

Somerville, MA, USA
Microfluidics
First meeting to participate in open source design of microfludics.  Radhakrishna Sanka is part of a university team developing affordable, accessible, fully open source microfluidic design software and accompanying hardware, and is looking for some early users or beta testers from the DIYBio community to design microfluidic chips.  1st project is something simple like a droplet generator.

Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Biotech for Teens by Teens
Teens guiding other teens.  The goal is to get teens interested in biotech and science through discussion, and do some hands-on PCR and gel electrophoresis

Reston VA, USA
DIYbio@Nova Labs
Discuss what's happening in 2017, and bring your own ideas.

To see when the next event is in your area, check the full list of usual suspects. Don’t see one near you? Why not have your own and get it posted here? Tell us about it by emailing eve...@diybio.org. It would be great to post some photos of your event somewhere. We’d love to see them. We do have some guidelines for what is posted, and are not capturing every event within the community.