Biohackers in the north bay of San Francisco?

Nico B.

Jun 16, 2015, 10:42:22 PM6/16/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Are there any biohackers or hacker spaces in the sonoma county area?

Patrik D'haeseleer

Jun 17, 2015, 4:05:58 AM6/17/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Don't know of any, but I'd be happy to give some advice to get something started. I've been saying that the Bay Area should have enough space for at least one or two more DIYbio spaces...

One approach might be to tie into your local universities and colleges, where you might have some of the people with the core bio expertise you'd need. I see Sonoma State is making a big deal of their Maker Educator Certificate Program, so a "bio makerspace" angle might be useful.

Patrik